We organize or co-organize scientific one-day conferences, local, national, European and international conferences, at the initiative of the OAC or in cooperation with universities, organizations, ecclesiastical or other local and international bodies.
Great emphasis is placed on conference tourism, which is growing at a fast pace and is an important part of our activities.
Conference tourism requires a high level of services and actively contributes to improving the overall quality of our region.
Throughout the duration of a conference, the OAC staff is at the disposal of the conference organizers from the stage of its design until its completion.
For conferences, the OAC provides:
- Meeting rooms, libraries, conference secretariat and secretarial support,
- Modern conference equipment (simultaneous interpretation system, monitors, projectors, photocopying, Internet, etc.),
- Conference material (bags, printed material, etc.),
- Coffee breaks including coffee, tea, orange juice and Cretan traditional biscuits,
- Organization of trips and visits to ecclesiastical and archaeological sites,
- Waiter-served meals or a buffet,
- Accommodation in a single or double room, with breakfast.
The OAC additionally offers:
- Special prices depending on the conference needs,
- Recreation options in the broader area of the Municipality of Platanias,
- Sight-seeing trips to Chania (old town), Kasteli (Falasarna, Chrysoskalitisa, Elafonisi), the south coast of Crete (Samaria Gorge, Palaiochora, Loutro, etc.),
- Archaeological sites, Christian churches and monasteries at the area,
- Good weather throughout the year,
- Social and political stability and safety,
- Medical care (Kissamos Health Center, cooperation with physicians of all specialties, Chania Hospital).
Our long experience in conference organization, the beautiful environment, and human interaction guarantee the success of your conference!