We organize or host scientific one-day conferences, local, national, European and international conferences, at the initiative of the OAC or in cooperation with universities, organizations, ecclesiastical or other local and international bodies.
Great emphasis is placed on conference tourism, which is growing at a fast pace and is an important part of our activities.
Conference tourism requires a high level of services and actively contributes to improving the overall quality of our region.
Throughout the duration of a conference, the OAC staff is at the disposal of the conference organizers from the design stage until its completion.
For conferences, the OAC provides:
- Accommodation in a single or double room, with breakfast,
- Waiter-served meals or a buffet,
- Coffee breaks including coffee, tea, orange juice and Cretan traditional biscuits,
- Rooms, libraries, conference secretariat and secretarial support,
- Conference equipment (simultaneous interpretation system, monitors, projectors, photocopying, Internet, etc.)
- Conference material (bags, printed material, etc.),
- Organization of trips and visits to ecclesiastical and archaeological sites
The OAC additionally offers:
- Special prices depending on the conference needs,
- Easy access,
- Long experience in conference organization,
- Sight-seeing trips to Chania (old town), Kasteli (Falasarna, Chrysoskalitisa, Elafonisi), the south coast of Crete (Samaria Gorge, Palaiochora, Loutro, etc.), archaeological sites, Christian churches and monasteries at the area,
- Recreation options in the broader area of the Municipality of Platanias,
- Good weather throughout the year,
- Social and political stability and safety,
- Medical care (Kissamos Health Center, cooperation with physicians of all specialties, Chania Hospital).
Our experience, the beautiful environment, and human interaction guarantee the success of your conference!